This edition of Mentor Online is borrowed from Think Like a Champion: Building Success One Victory at a Time, by Mike Shannahan.
Mike Shannahan, a professional football coach, used these 15 principles for creating a winning team on, or in, any field:
- Teams matter more than individuals.
- Every job is important.
- Treat everyone with respect.
- Share both victories and defeats.
- Accept criticism.
- Keep the boss (leader) well-informed.
- Focus on your work ethic, not that of others’.
- Allow for differences of style.
- Be more creative than predictable.
- Let go of failed ideas
- Let go of failed ideas.
- Employ structure and order.
- Reward those who produce.
- Keep your employees fresh.
- Protect your system.